Wednesday, March 18, 2015

These are the five apps that every smartphone must get right


I was going through my review pictures of the LG G Flex 2 last week when I noticed this particular shot, showing a quintet of apps in the Android task switcher. My five most recently used apps were Gmail, Twitter, Chrome, Maps, and the camera. It seemed like a random selection at the time, but looking back at it now, I don’t think it was an accident. Email, maps, imaging, the web browser, and social networking (including more sophisticated forms of messaging than SMS) are actually the defining characteristics that set smartphones apart from their forebears. They are the five most consequential pieces of mobile software and the key determinants of the quality of any phone.


Continue reading…






Source: The Verge - All Posts http://j.mp/1BUnsm8

No comments:

Post a Comment